[24hoursupport] Re: Is it okay to never shut computers down?

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:50:25 -0500

Hello Douglas,

I agree, the computer should be the last thing powered up. It should be the
first thing powered down, too. For the basic reasons you state.

In my setup, when the machine has been off for any reason, I turn on the
power switch on the surge protector. That powers up the entire system
except the computer. Then I push the on/off button on the computer to start
it up. Everything except the cable modem and router is on the surge
protector, the cable modem and router is on a different surge protector and
it always left on regardless of the state of the rest of the system(s).

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at