[24hoursupport] Re: Invalid disk and more problems....

  • From: "Ewen Howe" <ewenhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:56:12 +0900

I would like to inform you al that, I finally figured out two points that
caused my troubles: One was the FFD that did not work smoothly, that could
be the reason I got a 'Invalid disk...' after POST. The other was due to my
unfamiliarity to the BIOS that used by the maker of my new MB. I agree, it
is unbelievable since this is not my first time doing clear booting though
this does not mean I am experienced at all. In my old MB, it is clearly
indicated 'the 1st boot..., the 2nd boot... and the 3rd boot...' in the
Advanced COSM where I can choop to boot from FFD, CD-ROM or HHD...freely.
However, the BIOS of the new MB, though Award too, does not have the
category such as advanced COSM. But, it reorganizes every items in different
categories and no such things like '1st boot or 2nd boot'. Later, I changed
back to the old MB and selected boot from 'CD-ROM' with the Windows CD
inserted...everything went through to the end smoothly. I will find a time
to call the maker's services centre to see what they can tell me.

I am continuously interested in learning more about the BIOS issue I have
puzzled. What would you do when meet this kind of BIOS and you want choose a
different boot...?

Thansk you all again throughout my questioning and all your advices are
useful to me in the future.

Ewen