[24hoursupport] Re: Invalid disk and more problems....

  • From: David Wood <dmwood78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 08:09:10 -0400

I am describing again what had happened: I followed carefully the
instruction of the new MB and assembled what I had on the old MB. After
confirmation of very pieces again, I switched on the power, POST was OK and
I was able to get into BIOS manu by pressing the Del key. After the POST,
however, a message apreared saying 'In valid system disk, plaese remove it
from the drive and hit any key' and the machine stops there not going any
more... I made a trial boot using a set of 4 disks made from Win2000 CD as
suggestted by Barry in previous message. This time I was allowed to install
the Win2000 but the resulting OS did not work in full functionally with
mouse failed and monitor worked in limited resolution (not sure other
windows functionalities).

As far as the mouse goes, did you make sure that the port is enabled in bios setup? What does the Windows device manager have to say about this?

As far as limited resolution goes, did you install the drivers that came with the video card after installing Windows?