[24hoursupport] Re: Internet Explorer

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:03:17 -0800

Hi Paul,
Here is the information from MS;
How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and
Outlook Express in Windows XP (Q318378)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;EN-US;q318378

How do I repair Internet Explorer in Windows=AE XP?
Revised - 03/03/2002
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_ie_reinstall.htm
The ability to Repair Internet Explorer does not exist
in the version that ships with Windows XP.  This
feature only becomes available after you upgrade to a
newer version.  This is normal and has been this way
since Windows 98 and IE4.

However, you can reinstall IE in Windows XP by
clicking Start, Run and entering the following
command:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection
DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\Inf\ie.inf

You will need to have your XP CD available.

Some people have problems with the command line above.
 A small VB Script that will execute the command for
you can be downloaded here.  Save the file to your
hard drive and double click it to run IE Setup.

I hope this helps.

seasons Greetings http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/Xmas.htm

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 16/12/2003 at 5:21 PM Paul Birch wrote:

Does anyone know how to repair internet explorer 6 on xp home system?  By
the last week my internet explorer stop working with external links.  If you
goto a web-site and click on an external link another internet explorer
window appears but nothing in the window.

Paul

** Please remove this line and everything below it before replying =A0**