[24hoursupport] Re: Internet Explorer

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:56:43 -0800

Hi Mac,
I think you want to remove branding;
Remove Browser Branding
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\BrandBitmap
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\SmBrandBitmap

If you downloaded IE from ZDNet, Tucows, or any other major site, it is
probably "branded", meaning that it probably has its own logo in the
upper-right corner and in the title bar it says the branded name. These 2
registry settings should be deleted if you want to remove the branded logo.
This will set it back to the default IE globe.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q176/7/13.ASP

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 10/31/2004 at 9:58 AM Mckinze@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello, Recently I changed from Earthlink to Cox Hight speed internet.   The
top of my Explorew window still says powered by Earthlink.  Does anyone
know
how I could change this?

Thanks,

Mac