[24hoursupport] Internal or External Hard drive?

  • From: Lene P <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 16:04:05 -0800 (PST)

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of adding an additional hard drive.  I have tons of media files
and they are eating a lot of hard drive space.  I saw an external hard drive
w/about 80GB of space that connects via USB and I'm thinking about it.  It
would be faster to set up b/c I don't have to disconnect the comp and crack it
open.  I know there is an extra bay for another hard drive, but I don't know
anything about connecting it to the motherboard or whatever.  I have 2 USB
ports on the front of my comp, and 2 more in the back.

My question is if there is an advantage to having an internal drive as opposed
to an external one?

Thanks for your help!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at