[24hoursupport] Re: Info

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:50:49 +1000

Ron wrote,
If I'm understanding what the disks are for, wouldn't it be redundant to have
them on a bootable CD?
If your CD drive can boot any bootable
CD, you can achieve the same ends by just booting with the Windows XP CD, can't
you?

A:    The earlier Versions of XP Home & Pro were not bootable CD's.
This is why you need the 6 boot 3 1/2 floppy disks.
And it is a pain in the rear and slow to do installs via the disks.
I would be very handy to have them all on one CD and quicker, I am not sure if
it can even be done.