[24hoursupport] Re: Info

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 16:12:38 +1000

Ron wrote,
If I'm understanding what the disks are for, wouldn't it be redundant to have
them on a bootable CD?
If your CD drive can boot any bootable
CD, you can achieve the same ends by just booting with the Windows XP CD, can't
you?

If I'm incorrect, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out a way
to make a bootable CD out of the 6 disks. I've downloaded the file and
created the diskettes now, so I have them to work with.

-----------------------------
You still need the Boot disks for the earlier versions of Windows XP home & Pro
(Without SP1)

Yes you can Boot from a CDRom with the latest version. (SP1)

If you can figure out how to make bootable CDrom with the earlier 6 boot disks
on it, I would be
most grateful.

To answer someones quuestion about Windows 2000.
On the CD there is folder called "BOOTDISK" in it is an Executable file called
"MAKEBOOT.EXE"
If you run this it makes the 4 Boot Disks needed for W2000

Barry