[24hoursupport] Re: Increasing HD space on laptop

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:16:58 -0400

Please remember to edit replies.

Probably the best/easiest thing he can do is format and reinstall windows.
Clears out a LOT of clutter, and has to be done periodically anyway.

Alternatives include external firewire (take up the card slot), usb (1.1 is
*slow*) drives, or simply replacing the internal 3.5" drive with a bigger
one when you reinstall windows.

>Is it even possible to expand HD space on a laptop?  I think it has USB
>ports (well, surely it does, it's Win 98) - perhaps there is some expansion
>gadget he could get?  His pc card slot is already full w/a replacement modem
>(his got knocked out during a storm).  I really would like to avoid
>reformatting everything, since I honestly doubt he has any idea where his
>restore cds are.  TIA...

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at