[24hoursupport] Increasing HD space on laptop

  • From: "Merin" <soapjunkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "helpdesk" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:15:44 -0500

Please remember to edit any replies you send to the list whenever possible.

bf has a laptop, maybe 3-4 years old, and he's running out of space.  I know
that it's a Toshiba, with ~6.4 gigs, but it has one of those stupid restore
partitions taking up over 2 g and he's down to <900 megs on C:.

Is it even possible to expand HD space on a laptop?  I think it has USB
ports (well, surely it does, it's Win 98) - perhaps there is some expansion
gadget he could get?  His pc card slot is already full w/a replacement modem
(his got knocked out during a storm).  I really would like to avoid
reformatting everything, since I honestly doubt he has any idea where his
restore cds are.  TIA...

Merin
http://www.soap-junkie.com
I never fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work.  --Christopher Titus

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at