[24hoursupport] Re: Inactivated URL at OE!

  • From: "Ewen Howe" <ewenhowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:51:28 +0900

Thanks very, Hugh! The problem has been solved using the info you provided.
But, there are a few variations and I write here in case someone might be
interested:

The article describes two causes for this problem and the solution for the
1st cause does not fix my problem. So I tried the 2nd solution which does
include the case of Win2k. There, I was asked to change the URL path file
names, but in my Win2k I found only one path file that seems to be the one I
need to change: 'URL:file transfer protocol' (mine is 'URL:file protocol').
I could not found anything else which is closer in the list, so I went ahead
change the parth file name in side without caring about other files I was
asked to change in the Solution (gopher, hypertex, Internet etc). Then I
restarted the windows and... guess you know,I got everything back.

This has reminded me that I installed Opera 6.04 a few days ago as a trial
and uninstalled later. I guess it was the cause when i made some miss
click(s)...

Thanks very much again!

Ewen