[24hoursupport] Re: IE 4

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:52:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Sorry, but asking a person of my skill level to go into regedit is like
asking a three-year-old to go play inside the household power box with a
screwdriver. I have Win98 and run IE 4.72.3110 and I want to upgrade to
whatever a P3 500 can handle and don't know where to get it.

--- "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|"
<b3qvhzj2g60t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi 0e6,
you can frequently find the updated versions of the free CD's in computer
magazines.

Or you could try here;
http://www.rselby.com/ReinstallorRepairInternetExplorer6.htm
Quote;
Edit the Registry and Install Internet Explorer 6
While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click
Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled
(REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify. To reinstall only the Internet
Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
Active Setup\Installed Components\
{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
To reinstall only Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, use the following
registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
Active Setup\Installed Components\
{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then download and install Internet Explorer 6. For
information about how to download and install Internet Explorer 6, visit the
following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
After you use the procedures in this article, you must reinstall any updates
to Windows XP again.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

On 18/06/2004 at 10:22 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have IE 4.72.3110. I once tried to download an update, and after all that
waiting, it told me it could not do it. Where can I get the appropriate
update to download? Thanks.