[24hoursupport] Re: IE 4

  • From: unclerichard <unclerichard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:25:55 +1200

For Win98 (PIII) I would go for IE5.5.
As mentioned it is freely available on various cover discs and on download from
MS.

You should be able to uninstall IE4 from the add/remove software in the control
panel.

I am not sure (my memory fails me) whether IE4 has a repair function somehow I
doubt it. But if when you try to unintsall IE4 you are offered the repair
option go for it.

If you have a WIN98 installation disc you can uninstall IE4 as above then
reinstall it from the disc.

Conversly, if you do have the disc you can run sfc to hopefully restore you
corrupted IE4 files.

Place the WIN98 disc in your CD drive, go to run type 'sfc /scannow' (make sure
there is a gab before the / and leave out the quote marks). This though might
be quite a pain as you maybe require to click yes/no in various dialogue boxes
as the scan proceeds.

let us know how you get on.

Richard Innes
Auckland New Zealand