[24hoursupport] Re: IE

  • From: Ray <Ray2047@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:38:51 -0500

I have downloaded the Windows version Firebird/FireFox at
three or four different times and never had to do anything
like that. The Windows version comes with an installer.
You just click and follow the prompts like other downloads.

Are you sure you are reading about downloading the latest
stable build or are you reading about the nightlies? Or
are you reading instructions for a Linux version?

Back when I first started with Mozilla you had to look for
an unofficial compiled version with an installer and
non-Windows OS users (who I suspect dream in command line
<G>) did suggest it was better the way you said but I
always used installer included versions and never had a
problem.

0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
[snip]
> I've read about an alternate browser called Firefox, but they want you to
> download and unzip a whole bunch of subdownloads that would take me forever.
> It does come highly recommended though.
[snip]