[24hoursupport] Re: How to send a paper not as a attachment?

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:01:08 -0800

Hi Bette,
I think that the Windows fax is on the XP CD.
It will only work if you have a dial up modem, not on cable or ADSL.

From XP pro Help;
Using FaxFax provides you with complete fax facilities from your computer.
You can configure fax settings, send and receive faxes, track and monitor
fax activity, and access archived faxes. Using Fax, you can choose to send
and receive faxes with a local fax device attached to your computer, or with
a remote fax device connected to fax resources located on a network.

Fax is not installed by default during Windows Setup.

To install the Fax component
Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
In the Windows Components Wizard, select the Fax Services check box, and
then follow the instructions on your screen.
 Notes

To open Fax after installation, click Start, point to Programs, point to
Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Fax Console.
For more information on using Fax, click Help in Fax Console.

Here is a trial program;
Free Fax  trial
http://www.efax.com/need/try2splash.html
You'd never believe how easy it is to send faxes anywhere in the world
right from your computer that's why we want you to try it twice for
free.
No charge, no forms to fill out, no hassle.
Just follow the directions at the bottom of this page.
++ There is more on the web site.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 18/03/2003 at 6:55 PM Bette wrote:

The bank a 1/2 a state away has lost my IRA They say there is no account .
I need to send them a copy of the papers I have.  I sent them through my
photo program to send as jpeg and they came as an attachment and they say
they can't open it.  So I sent the paper by left clicking it in my documents
and it went still as an attachment.
  How can I send this thing so it is open when they get it?
  My old windows 98 PC had a fax machine in it  but this windows XP doesn't
have one or its so hidden I can't find it.
  Is there a freebie fax machine program that will work with my
XP......Thanks......Bette