[24hoursupport] Re: How to configure dual NICs on a windows 2000 OS?

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:23:53 -0800

Hi Yawei,
have you looked in Device manager to see if there is a conflict with the=
 NIC cards.
A yellow exclamation mark will indicate a problem.
Click on properties, then Driver, update driver.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 10/31/2005 at 1:34 AM Yawei Guo wrote:

Hello,

I set up a gateway for my company. I plan to install two NIC on that PC
with
windows 2000 OS. One NIC is connected to the internal network of my
company,
the other NIC is connected to internet. But the PC can not start both NICs
now. It isn't connected to the internal network while it is connected to
internet. How do I configure them? Both are Realtek 8139 NIC.

Thank you in advance
Yawei Guo
MSN: ywguo527@xxxxxxxxxxx

The poor longs for rich,
the rich longs for heaven,
but the wise longs for peace.

--
** Remove the anti-virus footer, ads, and this line and everything below when
replying **

please see http://www.freelists.org/webpage/24hoursupport