[24hoursupport] Housekeeping Items

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "24hr Help Desk" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 08:28:23 -0400

As we complete this move from Yahoo groups to Freelists, we all have a
few adjustements to make.  To all of you I ask a little patience if you
receive an email from the list that should not have been sent.  When
sending an email to 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, remember that every
member of the list will receive it.  So if you send a test message to
the list and we get back up to 600 members, all 600 will receive that
message.  With that in mind I'm sure you can see why it would be
inappropriate to send a test message to the list.  If you have reason to
believe that you are having a problem that requires a test message, send
it to 24hoursuport-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx instead.  That will only go
to about 4 or 5 of us and one of us can reply back to you.  If it works
on the moderators address it will work on the main one.

Next, if you use Outlook and are attached to an Exchange server where
you can set an Out of Office assistant, then you should also send a
message to 24hoursupport-requests@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "set
vacation" (without qoutes).  When you return you can send another with
the unset vacation command.  This would apply to any other brand of
email software that allows you to notify others that you are not
available.  If you fail to do this, then anyone that posts a message to
our list will receive an out of office response from you.  Fortunately
it does not go to the entire list, just the one that originates or
replies to the post.  If you forget and one of the moderators sees the
out of office we will probably put you on vacation status.  That's not
to offend anyone, it is just intended to keep inappropriate emails out
of our members mailboxes.  If you have already done this, or forget in
the future, don't worry about it.  Members should be patient about this
sort of thing as we are all learning this new system.  Thanks

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface.