[24hoursupport] Re: Help with IE opening windows.

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:28:45 -0400

Actually it's kind of scary but I think I know what you are meaning and
trying to do.  First you do need the check mark in the "reuse window
when launching shortcut".  The problem is, I'm pretty sure that the
system notes which IE window was the first to launch and that is the
browser window that will get re-used.  So, make sure you reserve that
activity for the FIRST browser window you open.  Try to keep the browser
windows that you don't want to change in the second, third, fourth, etc.
instances of the browser.  Personally, if you use multiple browser
windows (as I do) I think you find it easier to control by leaving the
"reuse" box unchecked and control your multiple browsers manually.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1