[24hoursupport] Re: Help with IE opening windows.

  • From: "Troyce" <troyce@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:21:34 -0400

[Moderators note:  Please be kind and trim your posts for excessive
trailers/text ~ Thanks]
Folks,

I've tried that box checked and not checked over and over, but that isn't the
problem.

I want to be able to click on a favorites item in a pulldown folder list and
have that link open in the window I'm currently using, and for IE not to go and
open that link in some other already open, but not the current, window.  Often I
have one site open on the non-current window that I wish to keep right where it
is, URL-wise, but IE decides to use that, or another window, instead of my
current window to open the new link picked from the pulldown list in my current
window.

I am not trying to get it to open, or not, a brand new window, which is what it
does if tools>internet options>Advanced>place a check in "reuse windows for
launching shortcuts" is not checked.

Kind of difficult to put into words.

Thanks for the response!

~Troyce