[24hoursupport] Re: Help? Virus?

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:21:59 EST

In a message dated 3/10/03 9:39:10 AM Central Standard Time,
lillearners@xxxxxxx writes:

<<  "This is your computer. I am a windows computer. You expect I'm
 going to do something? (laugs). A lot you know. See you later."
 It is said in a female voice. has anyone EVER heard of this?????????????????

    Yes. Aside from the possibility of someone hacking in to your
computer, there is a more benign possibility. Has anyone had
access to your computer, recently, besides yourself. (Don't
forget about family members and other *authorized* users, as
well as the possiblility of a guest in your house, that might have
used it while you didn't know it.) It's quite easy to set a computer
up to do this sort of thing, as a practical joke, if you have access
to it. Gary