[24hoursupport] Re: Hard drive crash

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:42:14 -0400

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:41:18 -0400
  "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>using the "latest" copy of that file, otherwise you may
>find yourself on
>the phone with Microsoft. Who, according to them, will
>give you the
>benefit of the doubt every time.

For whatever it may be worth, I recently had to rebuild
one of my machines with a new motherboard and new hard
drive, both completely different from what was in the box
before. I installed Windows XP Pro, and expected to have
to call Microsoft to verify the change when I went through
the activation process. I had no problem at all, Windows
XP just activated using the wizard and no questions asked.
I also had to reinstall Office XP Pro, on a totally
different machine, and, again, no problems came up when
activating the software.