[24hoursupport] Fwd: Error 623 in WinXP

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:31:37 -0800

Partial Fix Found:

In Eudora 5.2, Tools | Options | Internet Dialup gives me quick access to
edit my local dialup number. I can now avoid using the setup wizard  for
ISP connection in WinXP. The wizard is a pain in the patoot.

I still do not know why Error 623 recurs. It could be incompatibility of
Eudora with WinXP or my failure to make a correct setting when installing
Eudora 5.2 on on WinXP.

The Eudora knowledge base and FAQs are not enlightening and I'm not
entitled to telephone or email aid because I'm using the ad-supported
version of Eudora 5.2.

I'm now seeking some aid on the incompatibility issue from the Microsoft
website.

Paul King

>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:44:16 -0800
>To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Error 623 in WinXP
>
>Hi Again:
>
>Error 623, as I understand it, means that the computer cannot find the local
>dialup number for the user's ISP. When I correct this in Win98SE I go to My
>Computer, click on Dialup Connections and go to Properties where I reenter
>the dialup number in the appropriate menu box.
>
>In Windows XP I am unable to duplicate this process. Instead, I must use a
>connection wizard which adds greatly to the time required to reenter the
>dialup
>number.
>
>Is there a quicker way to make this fix in WinXP? Is anyone aware of some
>imcompatibility between Eudora and WinXP which might cause this error to
>occur frequently?
>
>Paul King

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at