[24hoursupport] Re: Fwd: [24hrsupporthelpdesk] Power Up Problem

  • From: "John Kitson" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 05:56:25 +0100

Hi Vince
Have a look at the motherboard manual and see if there is a jumper to
set the FSB to 100 or 133 (200or266), if so it should be set to
100(200). The Duron runs at 12x100.
It's confusing isn't it! Compatibility shouldn't be an issue,all the
266fsb boards I know of are designed to run both durons and athlons and
can run at 100 or 133 (200 or 266 as they insist).
What motherboard is this?
You could try powering up with just the CPU, memory and the power switch
connected, if it works then you'll have to connect things until you find
the problem.(I had problems with a reset switch once that was similar to
your problem).
Other than that and Gary's suggestion, you seem to have checked
everything else.

Good Luck
John

On 5/10/2002 at 10:24 PM chesho <chesho@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

}Have just built my latest machine and cannot seem to get the damned
}thing to power up - looking for ideas - or the obvious that I am
}missing.
}
}This is a different board to the usual that I use - a 266fsb board. }
}When I power up the best I can get is about half a turn on the
}cooling fan.
}
}Have tried changing power supply, ram, processor, checked cables,
}ensure cmos clear is ok,
}
}The processor is a standard duron 1.2. SHould this be 266fsb also as
}it doesnt state this.
}
}Can anyone else suggest anything I could have missed - have
}unplugged everything and replugged but nothing at all is there -
}just as I say a sudden burst of power when first plugging in for a
}fraction of a second.
}
}Many thanks
}