[24hoursupport] Re: Fw: Unwanted Emails

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:45:32 +1000

The best way to deal with these type of Emails is with a program called
mailwasher
www.mailwasher.net
It can be download and used free of charge from the above address.
Once you have set it up.
Go onto the Internet Via your Browser. (Not your Email Program)
Once on run Mail Washer from this point on you are view Email Headers at your
server they have not
been download to you machine at this stage.
Click on Check Mail (the default is to do thins when it is first run)
You can double Click on a Message header and read the message if you want to
Identify it if you
don't recognise the sender.
If you place a tick beside the message in the delete box then this message will
be deleted from the
sever (without downloading)
If you place a Tick in the Bounce Box it is deleted off the server and it gets
bounce back to the
sender as though your address does not exist.
With a message to them "Daemon Mail undeliverable" or word to that effect,
From this point on they get put in your Blacklisted folder and you will never
see a message from
that person again. (unless they send it from another address)

I get anywhere from 5 to 15 of these type emails per day - there are some days
that I don't get any.

Do these type emails look familiar to anyone on the list?  I can't get the URLs
to work to get these
removed.  Some of them have URLs to click on to get removed [ not this one ]
but the ones that do -
the URLs don't work.   A lot of these emails are Porno in nature, some about
weight loss, etc.  The
senders email addy is always different.

thanks for any  help [email attached]

Jerry A

Subject here is "HIya"

winona2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (winona2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) on Saturday, March 22, 2003 at
05:39:35

eqq:

Hiya! Here's my pics as promised! These are VERY PRIVATE, so PLEASE keep them
between us!!   [ URL ]

If the link isn't working above, copy or click the link below
Click here,   [URL]

19

(without quotes) in the subject.