[24hoursupport] Re: Fw: Re: how to reconstruct splitted files

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:29:29 -0500

>>             is it possible that because my computer does not restart
>> whenever a instalation asks   to restart computer now - that caused the
>> program not to install well ?
>>
>>           i ask that because in last days it happened to me several
times
>> that i downloaded a program and when i opened it - it looked like things
>are
>> missing....

Hi Samy,

I think the above is the new message :)

When an install program wants to restart the computer it is because it has
made changes to the registry and for those changes to take effect the
computer has to be restarted which forces Windows to reload the registry.
There are sometimes other reasons, too, but I'd say 99.9% of the time it's
registry changes that need to be put into effect. So if you don't restart
the computer for any reason, that program and, possibly, other programs
might be unstable or behave oddly until the machine is restarted. If your
computer has a problem shutting down and restarting when an install program
tries to do it, just restart manually and all should be well.

HTH,

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at