[24hoursupport] Re: Fw: Fw: How to protect your address book

  • From: Dave McNeilly <davetheslave_1964@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:02:00 +0100 (BST)

 Hi

I also have to agree with Christy.  Someone gave me some advice on how to
protect my address book.  I have printed out all my email addresses and there
are none in my address book, even though I have a good anti virus at least
nothing will attach itself to my addres book.  Also as soon as I have read my
messages and replied to them I will delete them.

Dave
  Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Christy is correct. The only way to be as safe as possible is to have an
anti-virus program installed, leave it running at all times, and update
it often. I check for updates daily on mine. There are "free" a/v
programs out there, so there is NO EXCUSE for NOT having one. Here is
the URL for one: http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm
Doug

Christy wrote:

> Morning Jerry
>
> This is just an alteration to the older !000 trick.
> Some say it works other say it doesn't. Whats
> more important is the fact that recent virus/worms
> don't even need your address book or email client to
> spread they create their own SMTP engine and obtain
> email addresses from files on the drive (text and/or
> webbrowser cache files etc)
>
> Christy
> http://www.hackfix.org/
> 24hoursupport moderator