[24hoursupport] Re: File Recovery

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:12:35 -0700

Hi Barry,
I'v recieved good feedback on this program;

Restoration ~ freeware MWN # 547
http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/
"Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin by mistake.
Conversely, delete files completely.

 Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000/ XP

Restore files which are deleted from the recycle bin or deleted while
holding down the Shift key by mistake.
Conversely, this program has another function that makes it almost
impossible to restore all deleted files.
You can use it after deletion of confidential documents, embarrassing files
and so on.

You don't have to install it, so it doesn't leave any garbage in the PC.
(You can also run it from a floppy disk.)
Even if a file seems to be restored, there is no guarantee that the contents
are correct.
After you run the program, please check the files.
You can probably restore it correctly if the drive has enough free space
and if it's just after deletion.
If you restore a folder, there is no guarantee that all files or folders
which used to belong to the folder will be in it.
If you can't find them in it, please search and restore them one by one.
If you still can't find them, it's impossible to restore them.
It will be almost impossible to restore any deleted files if you run the
complete deletion function.
To be exact, fragments of deleted files can be in last clusters of existing
files or allocated and unwritten files.
(Note that this function is not suitable for TOP SECRET information.)
Even if you find the information of completely deleted files, their contents
must be erased.
If you want to erase the information too, please run the function again.

When you use the restoration function, I don't think you will encounter any
damage due to bugs, since the function doesn't write anything to physical
sectors.
However, the complete deletion function replaces physical sectors.
Therefore, I confirmed that it worked without any problems by testing many
times.
As there is a rare possibility of damage or loss, please run the function at
your own risk."
~~~

http://www.mwn.ca/
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

On 20/09/2002 at 8:22 PM Barry Cornford wrote:

Can anyone suggest a Shareware or Freeware, File Recovery Program?
Preferably on that runs off a Floppy
I am trying to recover some files from a friends machine that they
accidentally deleted, bypassing the recycled bin

Operating system is Windows ME

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at