[24hoursupport] Re: File Deleting

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:00:12 -0400

Assumming they have already re-booted and still can not delete, that
would be an indication that Windows is starting something up that is
putting a hook on the file.  The best thing to do would be to go to a
virus information site like:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/

And put in the name of the virus.  It should give you complete removal
instructions.  I'll make a guess that what ever virus is involved
probably puts something into the run key in the registry and is causing
the hook to get placed on the files you are having trouble deleting.
Deleting the problem entry in the run key will probably fix it.  Another
method that works sometimes is to boot into safe mode and try deleting
from there.

Spider
Largo, Florida 33771
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1