[24hoursupport] Re: FOUND something 'writing to HD' problem

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:27:31 -0700

Hi Oe6,
I found this post from Martha on CHAD;

        Can't erase files
This site has information on how to fix this problem.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html

Mike
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 8/16/2004 at 5:57 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Mike,

Your method is sound. However, as I have it, I used EndItAll 2 to kill
programs one by one, each time trying Norton DDD, and when the 'something
writing to HD' error mssg appeared, refreshing EndItAll 2's list of active
programs and trying again. (BTW, there is something rather unique about
EIA2's skull & crossbones Desktop icon that really stands out).

I've found the culprit. it is mmtask.tsk, a.k.a. MultiMediaTaskApp, located
in Windows\System. I can either follow your instructions and keep it from
starting anymore, or perhaps I can go to add/remove programs to the Windows
options and find it there and remove it.

Oe6

--- "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|"
<hig2i2h0ft0t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Oe6,
that is why I was suggesting safe mode, only Windows critical programs
should be running.