[24hoursupport] FOUND something 'writing to HD' problem

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:57:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike,

Your method is sound. However, as I have it, I used EndItAll 2 to kill programs
one by one, each time trying Norton DDD, and when the 'something writing to HD'
error mssg appeared, refreshing EndItAll 2's list of active programs and trying
again. (BTW, there is something rather unique about EIA2's skull & crossbones
Desktop icon that really stands out).

I've found the culprit. it is mmtask.tsk, a.k.a. MultiMediaTaskApp, located in
Windows\System. I can either follow your instructions and keep it from starting
anymore, or perhaps I can go to add/remove programs to the Windows options and
find it there and remove it.

Oe6

--- "Mike mikebike-at-telus.net |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|"
<hig2i2h0ft0t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Oe6,
that is why I was suggesting safe mode, only Windows critical programs
should be running.