[24hoursupport] Re: Excel File

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 09:18:54 -0400

Barry,
Open a clean book1.  Try looking in her Excel settings.  Check Tools /
Macro / Macros to see what or if any macros are included in the original
excel book.  Also look under Tools / Options on the General tab.  What's
in the "At startup open all files in" box?  Save the blank new workbook
as test.xls or something.  What's the file size?  If it is normal size,
then open the problem file.  Since you have no formulas or graphics in
it, do a select all and copy the contents.  Open a new book, do a "paste
special" and select "values".  Save the new book and check the file
size.  It is important that you do the paste special as it will avoid
bringing over any formatting corruption that might be in the original
file.

Spider