[24hoursupport] Re: ERD and Recovery Console as a boot option

  • From: Barry Aronson <baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:46:39 -0500

At 20:45 8/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I don't have a Windows 2000 with me to check on, but I think if you go
>to Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools and click on Backup you
>will be able to create a recovery disk from within there.  In reading
>your problem though, I doubt that will help you to create a recovery
>disk on a system that is not healthy.  My suggestion would be that you
>run the Windows 2000 setup again and this time choose the SECOND repair
>option you see.  Skip by the first option and continue as though you
>were doing a full install.  Then press R to repair at the second option.
>This will re-install windows on top of the existing install without the
>need to re-install all your programs.  It will bring windows back to the
>original state so you will need to reapply critical updates and service
>packs.
>
>Spider
>Largo, Florida 33771
>http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Spider!  I have done all that you recommend in you response except the
second option repair.  I did not want to reinstall all the critical updates
and service pack 2, but IF you say that it is the only way to get the ERD
update back then I guess I have no choice in the matter.

This could be simplified if only I had a CD-RW, but i don't and that is
something I have been waiting on for a long time following all the newest
technologies for mass storage and recovery.

The only unhealthy thing about my system currently is this inability.

Thank you,

Barry ~ baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at