[24hoursupport] Duplicate Digests (was 24hoursupport Digest V1 #13)

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:01:04 -0400

Good afternoon

The duplicate digests problem is one that has just
recently apppeared and is in the works of being
corrected.

The duplication is apparently due to two different
list servers (both belonging to freelists) sending
the digest wihout the other realizing it.   If you
look at the headers of the duplicate messages you
will see that there is indeed a difference as one
says

>>To 24hoursupport digest users
<ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

and the other says:

>>To 24hoursupport digest users
<ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

We are working with the server listowner to help
correct this problem and hope to have it resolved
soon.  The problem appears to only be affecting
Digest readers and is completely random as to When it
happens and who it is sent to.

We do apologize for the inconvenience the duplicates
may be causing,  it is beyond our control but we hope
to have it resolved soon.

I do hope that helps

Christy
24hoursupport moderator

On 6/7/02 at 9:17 AM ewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>Greeting all,
>
>I am getting duplicate Digests.  Although very
informative, I really do not
>need two.  Any ideas on how to lighten my email
load?

>Thanks!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at