[24hoursupport] Re: Downloading Installing SP2

  • From: "William B. Lurie" <billurie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:27:10 -0400

George Cham wrote:

>Hi Everyone,
>I see that SP2 is out, and want to install it, but am not sure is I sould. I
>have windows XP Home eddition. I tried install it a week ago but stuffed it up
>because I stopped it half way. My Question is should I install it? what
>bennifits is there if I do. And I I don't like it, is it easy to uninstall?
>

>George
>

>George, you should try the microsoft-oriented newsgroups

for a lot of diverse opinions. Many people have had no problems, and many
people have had problems installing, and getting their established
programs to work. Its biggest stated advantage is that it fixes security
holes
in the SP1-based XP. It sounds to me as though it could do more harm than
good, I for one have not had XP-based problems that need fixing, and I for
one am going to be waiting a LONG time before I will take the chance by
installing SP2.

--
                   William B. Lurie