[24hoursupport] Re: Diabetic records

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paul M. King" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:51:11 -0600

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the info. I'm Type II as well, with most readings under 140
(many times under 120, but so far only a few under 100). This is all
pretty new to me, but, jeez, I just don't seem to be all that bad. And
I question the appropriateness of hanging this label on me since the
limits seem to be pretty arbitrary; the doctor himself told me that
they changed the limits just a year or two ago, and before that change
I would not have been diagnosed as diabetic. But because I had two
tests barely fall into this arbitrary range of values someone set, my
entire life gets turned upside down and I have to wear the diabetic
label the rest of my life.

But I didn't intend to turn this into a diabetes discussion on this
list, so this will be the last message about this here :)

Ron