[24hoursupport] DVD use on home computer

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:19:02 -0700

I am buying a Dell computer for a daughter and trying to decide what use she
would have for DVD. I understand basically the digital video concept, but can
only picture using DVD myself in the living room where I can sit comfortably to
watch a movie.

What is the advantage of DVD on a desktop PC? If a person is interested only
in word processing, the web, a few games, email, and the storage and
transmission
of snapshots, why would she need DVD?

Maybe someone can point me to a good website explaining the merits of DVD or
relate a personal experience that would be helpful.

The figure 48 X often appears with specs for DVD and I have no idea what it
means.

PK

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at