[24hoursupport] Re: Cell phones and pc's

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:44:26 -0700

Hi Allen,
here in BC Canada we can get a cable to connect our web enabled cell phones
to connect to the modem.
Last time I looked into it was last year, all they had available was a 14.4
connection, which would be ok for just plain text but almost useless for
most web pages.

http://www.mwn.ca/
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 30/09/2003 at 8:16 PM Allen Hall wrote:

We would really like to use cell phones but, as far as I know, there is no
way to connect cell phones to computers.  We can't afford both a landline
and cell phone bill. Also, we are out in the country and can't get cable so
that is out.  Is there a way to use a cell phone with a computer?
Any suggestions, leads or solutions gratefully received.