[24hoursupport] Re: Cannot Access Secure Sites

  • From: bls <brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 07:58:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Trish,

I'm using IE 6, so I don't know if this will help you
or not...I checked my PCT & SSL stuff, and I see that
I have TLS 1.0 not checked, although all the other
stuff is.  I don't know what TLS is, maybe someone
else can explain that and whether or not there would
be any hazard to you removing the checkmark from that.
 Have you tried running IE's repair tool?  Also, you
should have the option to return to the previous
version of IE.  If the repair tool doesn't work, you
could try returning to the previous version of IE and
then reinstalling IE 5.5.  When you check the help, it
should show your encryption being at 128 bits, so it
looks like something may have gone wrong during the
installation.
--- Trish Doran <kcdiva@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am at my wits' end and hope someone can help. Ever
> since I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled
> Internet Explorer 5.5, I cannot access secure sites
> (any that begin with https) at all. <snip>

 I have checked my security
> settings and all those little boxes under advanced
> (USE PCT, USE SSL, USE TLS, etc) are checked.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at