[24hoursupport] Re: CDRW Drive malfunction

  • From: GaryLetC@xxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:52:22 EDT

Please remember to edit replies.

In a message dated 9/10/02 5:00:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
scory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I haven't physically examined the drive and the connectors, as I
>  assume that if it is working as a conventional CD Rom drive, the
>  connections must be sound.

    Just one pin not making contact could, I think, cause the drive
to function only as a normal CD ROM drive, if it were the right
particular pin. This may not be your problem, but I would check the
cables, and make sure all connections are tight. Gary
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at