[24hoursupport] CD Drive problem + Re: Will firewall be sufficient if WEP is disabled?

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:11:13 -0700 (PDT)

The settings on my laptop match the requirements you mentioned.  I'll keep
trying to get this working.

I have a new problem now... I checked 'My computer' and it's not recognizing my
CD drives.  My CD player also will not open, the light just continually blinks.
 I don't know if this has to do with the mapping b/c sometimes when I connect
my ipod, the external hard drive gets moved to H which screws everything up.
So, my question is how to reconnect my CD drives.  I checked 'system
information' and it is not reading them as well.  This is very bizarre.  I
could probably do a sysrestore but I don't remember when the last time I set a
point was.

Thanks for your help.  I'd really like to get my CD back!  There doesn't seem
to be a way to forcefully eject it.
Fuzzy Logic <fuzzymo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Okay, you should use the key, regardless of whether the passphrase is
easier to remember. The passphrase will likely not generate the same
key on your laptop, and it is the key that is used for WEP, not the
passphrase.

Okay, if you can connect to the router with WEP enabled, then your
keys match and that is not your problem. Did you do what I suggested
in the last paragraph, and ensure your TCP/IP settings are correct?
Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Network Settings, then right-click
on the wireless card and choose Properties. In there, select Internet
Protocol and properties. In the general tab, it should say "Obtain an
IP address automatically" (sounds like that is currently the setting),
and _also_ make sure that "Obtain DNS server address automatically" is
also set.

Fuzzy