[24hoursupport] Re: Browser hijacker

  • From: Paul King <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:02:50 -0800

Right. I always set my home page to www.google.com. Whatever has invaded my
computer has changed this setting to about:blank. I have three Spyware
programs on my computer and none restore my google setting or allow me to
restore it. HiJack This, a small free utility usually kicks out the invader
in a hurry. Not this time.

I downloaded the new freebie MS AntiSpyware tool now in beta some time ago,
but tried it for the first time today. It also revealed a browser hijacker
in my system (about:blank), but failed to remove it. New malware is getting
smarter about foiling removal tools.

Unless I can find aid on the web, I'm going to try reinstalling MS Internet
Explorer. I haven't been into the MS Knowledge Base yet and that's my next
step.

PK