[24hoursupport] Re: Boot Magic Problem

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:08:14 -0600

I've found that some programs (games and disk management stuff usually)
will *not* run in XP, however, for a few I've found that if you run BOTH
the install AND the program under compatibility mode you can make some
work.  The kicker is that one or two may - even though they work most of
the time - once in awhile quit for no apparent reason without warning or
error messages.  Save often until you trust it.  I believe it has to do in
a large part with NTFS file system and permissions.

~~~~~~~~~

On 2/20/2003 at 9:40 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Lethier
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  When I first installed WindowsXP, I found that
          |  one of the games that I often played was "Transport Tycoon"
          |  from microprose. However, I could not get this program to work
          |  on WindowsXP. Thinking that several other programs that I used

<snip>