[24hoursupport] Boot Magic Problem

  • From: Lethier <ljethier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:40:40 -0700

When I first installed WindowsXP, I found that one of the games that I often
played was "Transport Tycoon" from microprose. However, I could not get this
program to work on WindowsXP. Thinking that several other programs that I used
would present the same problem, I installed Partion Magic Pro and Boot Magic so
I could have duel operating systems on my machine. After operating this for
several weeks, I realized that "Transport Tycoon" was the only program that I
had that would not work on XP. I felt that the amount of disk space I reserved
for the partition was to large for one program so I retired "Transport Tycoon"

Here's the problem. When I unistalled Partition Magic and Boot Magic, I think I
did this without using the uninstaller (simply dragged the program folders to
the trash and deleted). The program names still appear in the add/remove
programs in the control panel and trying to unistall from there does nothing
(the program names remain). Now whenever I boot XP I get a message "Error in
finding BTMAGIC.IMG...run Boot Magic Install". I have to press enter to proceed
booting up XP. I have tried to run boot magic but I get a message that there
are no partitions...which there should be none since I joined the partitions
that I had.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can rid my machine of this error message.

Also, does anyone know how I may run "Transport Tycoon" on XP. Changing the
compatability settings does not seem to work.

Thanks

lethier