[24hoursupport] Re: Big Problem, ANY Ideas Appreciated

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 10 Mar 2003 12:52:16 -0800

This is just a thought; my old computer had a similar thing happen. I
couldn't do anything to bring it back, so I got a new computer and put
my old hard drive in it. I recently tried/am trying OnTrack System
suite, and it found a virus, which Norton AV missed somehow, that could
have caused that problem. My old computer is totally disassembled and
recycled, and I never really found out the cause of the problem. By
coincidence it all occurred when a number of folks on this list and
elsewhere were having a similar problem.I was thinking a virus with a
date trigger. Don't know if this applies here or is helpful, but there
you have it -- d