[24hoursupport] Re: Avg anti-virus

  • From: "Tina" <cfunk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:36:02 -0600

Hi, Paul..
   I used to use AVG.. Until I installed the latest version. I ended up with
LOADS of troubles from it.. I get script errors all the time in IE, lost my
System Restore.. etc..  I uninstalled and tried a different one, then a
friend recommended Avast!.. I love this one.. My script errors are still
there, and my System Restore is still gone (I have tried everything to find
the problem, and cannot.. from on-line scans to checking things out with
Spybot S&D,Adaware, and Hi-Jack This).. No luck yet.. but did install the
Firefox browser, and it does great..
   But Avast! does have frequent updates, and a voice comes through to tell
you when it is updating, and announces suspicious e-mail..It really is a
great anti-virus program, if you continue to have troubles with AVG..  Hope
this helps!   Tina