[24hoursupport] Re: Audio and video freezes computer

  • From: Douglas Oliver <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:15:57 -0700 (GMT)

Lene, have you double-checked for resource conflicts? Sometimes you might need
to click a button that says something like "let me choose settings", in other
words, don't use plug-n-play. You can still use settings chosen by plug-n-play,
but saying you want to choose the settings will dedicate the settings and not
allow them to be allocated again by plug-n-play. I often use this technique
when I have video problems. If in fact your problems stem from a resource
conflict, you might need to play with the settings a little to get it right. --

Today I installed a USB 2.0 4port PCI card with only external HD
connected.  Worked fine until I tried running video or audio files from either
C: