[24hoursupport] Audio and video freezes computer

  • From: Lene Pagsuguiron <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:03:06 -0700 (PDT)

Today I installed a USB 2.0 4port PCI card with only external HD connected.
Worked fine until I tried running video or audio files from either C: (main) or
E: (external HD).  Freezes in all apps (RealOne, WMP, Winamp).  Affects all
media files (mp3s, .wma, any video).  Tried running an .avi from CD-R and still
froze.  Unreal gets critical error and Diablo freezes when I try to "load
game".  Reinstalled RealOne, no change.  Compaq Diagnostics didn't find
anything wrong.

OS: Win98SE