[24hoursupport] Assigning drive letters

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:13:35 -0800

I am in the disk management section of the MS management console attempting
to assign a drive letters and find the help text confusing. I have created
five partitions on a 40 gig HD in a WinXP Home system.

All drives are in place and formatted. Only C:\ and G:\ are labeled,
although I labeled the others earlier while restoring the OS to a cleanly
formatted HD. How to I go about labeling Drives D, E, and F?

I had thought the letters I assigned while restoring the OS would stick to
the new partitions, but to my amazement they have not.

Paul King