[24hoursupport] Re: An odd query

  • From: Rajan Urs <wexpert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:26:22 +0530

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/fdalead.html

Glassware:

Lead crystal glassware may leach lead. "The crystalware industry has
established voluntary lead-leaching limits for crystalware," says
Kashtock, "that most foreign and domestic manufacturers follow." As a
precaution, children and pregnant women should avoid frequent use of
crystal glassware. Lead crystal baby bottles should never be used.

Also, FDA intends to issue industry guidance in 1998 to prohibit use
of lead-based (and cadmium-based) pigments for decorating the lip rim
area of glassware, says Kashtock. "Use of the pigments may pose only a
negligible risk, but it is avoidable."