[24hoursupport] Adding programs/utilities to Win XP home partition

  • From: "Paul M. King" <peking7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:10:14 -0700

I have created four partitions on an 80gig HD and am considering what kind of
utilities to include in the same partition. I have installed WinXP home in the
C: partition and have created other partitions for XP files and settings;
software; and miscellaneous storage.

Partitioning is a new experience for me. I will be using an 80 gig external USB
hard drive and Drive Image 7.0 to back up my internal hard drive when I have
finished.

I'm seeking suggestions on what kind of utilities/programs should share the OS
partition and which are best placed in the software partition. For example,
should Zone Alarm, NOD 32, Spysweeper, or Eudora share space with the OS?
Recovery/tweaking utilities only? Both? None of these? Whatever?

I have failed to find a good web site for advice. If anyone has a useful link
to this info, I would appreciate your sharing it with me.

Paul King